On mobile phones with two cameras in the back I had the opportunity to expand on the moment, choosing the best representatives that were in the market: LG G5, iPhone 7 Plus and Huawei P9. Months pass and there is a really important change in the catalogs, timid phones arrive, but it looks like this 2017 is going to be quite different.
The test we have in component suppliers, the two most powerful Korean companies when it comes to creating ‘mobile cameras’ predict that having two units on the back of the phone is going to be increasingly common. Those companies are LG Innotek and Samsung, both are gaining in profits thanks to the interest of mobile manufacturers by this configuration.
It is a reality that a mobile phone offers a very small space to put sensors and objectives of high quality, so it is quite logical this trend that seeks to put many camera together, and then the power of the software do its best to take advantage of it registered.
If we do not trust Koreans and we think Counterpoint’s market studies have more weight, it should be said that sales of 300 million dual-camera terminals are expected in 2017. That’s up 400% sales in one year.
LG since 2011, got inside the iPhone
The case of LG Innotek is special, has been creating this type of solutions since 2011, and it is that premiered the possibility in the LG Optimus 3D, and shortly after came the HTC Evo 3D. The thing was paused, until the LG G5 and the list that we present in our comparative, we did not find again with a serious bet by the double camera. I lie, in the middle we find a solitary and valued HTC One (M8), which appeared in 2014.
And the truth is that LG is the most stubborn with this, LG G5 brothers have the V10 and V20 : the first has a double camera in the front, while in the second the configuration passed the back of the phone. The next LG G6 also has it, so it looks like this is going to remain a fixed option in the high end of the Korean firm.
But the most important success of LG is not in their phones, it is in having gotten inside the iPhone 7 Plus, as a unique supplier of their particular optical. From Korea Herald tell us that this has reported to LG Innotek 103 million profits in the last quarter of last year.
You may also like to read another article on YellowTube: Samsung has decided that its new mid-range of phones Galaxy A5 and A3 has to be water-resistant
Samsung is looking for Chinese money
The other big one in this field seems to be Samsung Electro-mechanics, a division that is already selling its solutions to Xiaomi and LeEco. The year has not gone as badly as it seemed for the Koreans, but the ‘death’ of Note 7 has done some damage to the accounts, and it is necessary to look for the money that is obtained as a supplier.
The source of our news assures that they already have contracts with the brands that fill the top 5 in sales: Huawei, Oppo and Vivo . Huawei has around the corner a P10 with two cameras, and the help of Leica, we would not be surprised if the camera is Samsung.
Curious not to have data or examples of solutions Sony with double camera, the Japanese company is leader in the creation of sensors, in fact many of the phones will count on developments of his, but he has not pronounced with any special camera, nor his telephones Xperia Have worried about it. It is also curious that there is a Samsung Galaxy with two cameras, nor any indication that one will come.
What important phones have two cameras?
We have reviewed them in previous lines, but we have left some interesting names. Some are variants of the commented phones, and it is not an exclusive feature of high end phones . As you can see the number of configurations is wide:
- LG G5: A high-quality 16-megapixel sensor, and an additional 8-megapixel camera that is wide-angle, gives us 135 degrees
- Huawei P9 and P9 Plus: Two 12-megapixel sensors, one of them monochrome, to collect more information, and add it to the one that records the color
- Huawei Mate 9: 20 and 12 megapixel cameras, the second collects monochrome information
- LG X Cam: A 13-megapixel camera with a 5-megapixel camera that lets you play with color depth
- LG V20: 16 and 8 Megapixel Cameras
- iPhone 7 Plus: Two 12-megapixel cameras in which the targets change: one 28 mm, another 56 mm
- Xiaomi My 5s Plus: Two 13-megapixel sensors from Sony, one of them monochrome
- Huawei Honor 8: Two 12-Megapixel Huawei Sensors
- ZTE V8: Two sensors 13 and 2 megapixels,
- ZTE V8 Pro: Two 13 Megapixel Cameras
- ZTE Axon 7 Max: Two 13-megapixel cameras, one of which records monochrome content
- ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom: Two 12-megapixel cameras, with different focal lengths, 25 and 59 millimeters