Many times, we see the problem that we have duplicate pages, one with our local business on Google maps (Google places), and another with our Google plus then see the steps to unify the two pages without losing anything the way.
If you created a page on Google+ differently from a local company or site type and you wanted to connect this page to Google Maps and get reviews, you must follow the steps outlined in the Help page of Google plus.
In the end what you get is connect your current page Google+ to Google Maps and implement the company information (address, reviews and much more) from Google Maps to your page. These followers, publications and administrators of the page will remain.
First of all also make sure this change is really necessary for the company, as some details of the website will be modified permanently.
How to connect Google+ page to Google maps
1. If you have not already, create a separate page of Google Local, Google Maps verified for the same company as your page.
2. Log into Google+, select Pages in navigation column on the left and click Manage this page in the local page. (The home page is similar to that of your current page appearance. It will include a badge of box next to the name of the page. Hovering above the logo, you will see the label “Local company verified”.)
3. Click the gear icon next to the company name and select Settings.
4. Desperate to “Profile” section. Along with “This page is connected to Google Maps”, click Connect another page.
5. In the dialog box “Link another page to this location”, select the page you’d like to connect to Google Maps and click Next.
6. You will see a list that changes made to the newly created page you are connecting to Google Maps and Google+ Local page you are disconnected from Google Maps are described. Click Confirm.
What happens to the page that is connected to Google Maps?
- The name and logo of verifying the previous home page will be included.
- Company information (public opening hours, phone number, etc.) and reviews of previous home page is displayed.
- They shall cease to show the former owner responses to reviews of local webpage.
- These followers, publications and administrators will be retained.
- Personalized URL is retained (if you set one).
- You may ad campaigns associated with the page are removed. To begin creating a campaign, visit adwords.google.com/express and follow the step by step instructions.
What about the previous home page?
- It no longer appear on Google Maps.
- It no longer shows local business information and reviews.
- It will change its name to “Backup”
- It will remain visible on Google+.
- It will retain the same followers, publications and administrators.
- Maintain the same custom URL (if you’ve set one).
- It no longer shows AdWords campaigns have associated Express.
If you need more help or have a problem in this process, you can leave a comment, or see the Google Help page, plus you can always follow the advice to improve your local SEO.